Updated May 23, 2018
ABOUT THIS DOCUMENT
This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
- Name, address (residential and business), date of birth and gender
- Contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
- Financial information, including credit/debit card details (although we only retain complete payment card information when given consent to do so)
- Transaction Data, including the details of products purchased and the date of sale
- Special Categories, as a rule we do not collect or process any of this type of data unless we are required to by law in the event of a court case
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Most of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you, for example:
- When you set up an account to purchase our products.
- When you request to change account terms.
- When you register to receive information from us
- Every time you interact with us or respond to communications.
- When you make enquiries with our customer service team.
In order to understand more about you we may also supplement and combine the personal information that we collect from you with other categories of data obtained from other sources, such as indicated below:
- Data about your home and local area, (which is publicly accessible)
- Electoral register data that confirms your identity and address (which is publicly accessible).
- Credit history data, such as as bankruptcy records and any county court judgements made against you (which we may receive from credit reference agencies)
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR AND THE LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We may store and use your personal information for the purposes of:
(a) Assessing financial risks, including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments, (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
(b) Using your payment details to process payments relating to your account balances and refunds (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
(c) Communicating with you about our products, including responding to your enquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
(d) Administering debt recoveries, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
(e) Analysing your use of our website - we use Google Analytics to gauge which articles retailers view more, this helps us determine what you prefer to read.
Our "legitimate interests" as referred to above (and below) include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING
We will send you marketing about new products and services by telephone and email.
You can object to receiving marketing from us at any time by updating your preferences on any of our emails. Or by providing your details via the following: follow the change my preferences/unsubscribe link in our marketing emails; or send us your name, account number and email address via email to email@example.com.
By giving Diamond Comic Distributors permission to contact you we consider that it is within our legitimate interests to send you information about our products and services for marketing purposes.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
Where relevant given the nature of the products and services provided to you, we may also share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- Third party data suppliers, as explained under “How we collect information about you” (as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as couriers, IT, marketing service providers, document shredding & destruction companies, bank merchant services and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
- Regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Revenue and Customs or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept indefinitely on our main systems whilst you remain an active customer or owe monies. When you no longer hold an account with Diamond then information may be retained for up to 8 years after which time it will be archived, deleted or anonymised. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice usually because of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress; and
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
Once the GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018, you will also have the following rights:
- to require us to erase your personal information;
- to require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner's Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
Close this window